Monday, February 18, 2019

Teaching Practice

1.1 Procedure of Teaching

In this teaching practice, i have taught grade 2 class oregano with English subject. Here is my schedule everyday

English 2
50
7:10-8:00

For this practice teaching, before i do, my mentor Mrs. Divina ababon gave me in advance the topics to be taught to pupils. These topics are

Identifying phrase and sentence
Identifying asking sentence and telling sentence


Before making lesson plan, i always discussed about what to do in my lesson plan and how to execute it during my teaching practice with Mrs. Divina ababon. I was asked to make a lesson plan with the semi-detailed lesson plan format. After i finished the lesson plan, again i discussed about it with her.


In carrying out the learning process, there are five stages in the lesson plan as the followings

1. Preparatory stage
    During this stage, I invite students to review the subject matter they have learned before and       provide motivation (apperception) to students to prepare themselves mentally in learning.

2. Presentation
    Here I provide an explanation or display to students regarding the material being studied.

3. Analysis and discussions
    The activity here is in the form of a discussion between the teacher and students and students with students. The method that I have used is question and answer and group work.

4. Generalization
    In this stage students are asked to review the lessons learned on that day.

5. Evaluation
    In this stage students will be given the task in the form of evaluations to measure their understanding of learning on that day or the task to be done at home.






One of my lesson plan




1.2 Time management and organizing activities

After class teaching, Mrs. Divina ababon always told me about how was my performance in teaching. One of her most important review was that i didn't finished the lesson at the exact time, in other words i excess the time limit. She told me to focus more on the core activities such as grouping rather than focusing on other lesson stages.


Regarding organizing activities, in the first time I also taught I had experienced some difficulties. The difficulty is related to asking students to take lessons in an orderly manner. In this case, I have received input that in teaching I must be firm and give clear explanations to students so that they will obey what I ask. For example, during group discussion activities, I must clearly inform all students that they all have to participate in the group to complete the task. If I do not expressly and clearly give these instructions, some of the students will be passive and not carry out the activities as desired. Mrs. Divina ababon also suggest that before i start group activites, first i must make a clear rules or standards to follow for the pupils. Example: They must listen attentively and work quietly.

After quiet some time, i'm able to improved myself during class teaching.




1.3 Problem Solving

Managing time and students during the learning process. This is a problem for me because the allocation is very little, which is 50 minutes and the number of students in one class is very large, which is around 36-38 students. In overcoming this, I always discuss it with my mentor, Mrs. Divina Ababon regarding how I should do it. After that, I applied what was suggested during my teaching practice. This was successful in helping my problems with time management and students, discussing what I should do and practicing it. Especially when doing group activity and asking questions.


The students answering questions


1.4 Classroom management

In class management, I have a few obstacles in forming group forms in the classroom. This is because the number of students is very large in one class, plus the size of the classrooms is narrow. These constraints are not significant obstacles, except that if I ask students to work in groups it will take a long time to arrange their seats into groups. And my mentor keeps telling to be more firm in giving instructions.


Me giving rules or standards to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment